Getting rid of "Welcome to nginx"

Joakim nginx-forum at
Tue Aug 16 18:37:45 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I've just setup nginx on my Ubuntu staging machine. Entering works like a charm and loads the index.php
file i've put in the /var/www/public_html folder.
however instead shows the "Welcome to nginx!" page and not my index.php

What am I doing wrong? Here's my nginx config:

server {

        listen 80 default;
        root /var/www/public_html;
        index index.php index.html index.htm;