SIGWINCH & aborting, a cleaner solution?

Félix Delval felixdelval at
Thu Aug 18 14:43:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Félix Delval <felixdelval at>wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using nginx in a terminal as development server, not as a daemon.
> Each time nginx receives the SIGWINCH signals, it says : 2011/08/18
> 10:12:54 [alert] 12887#0: aborting
> I have seen in a email from Igor Sysoev, that he advised to modify the
> source code and deactivate the handling<,6771>of the signal there. It works fine, but it doesn't seem to me as long-term
> reliable solution. I know I am not the only one who has been asking about
> this issue.
> Does somebody have solution that does not include patching?
>Do you run with "daemon off" only or with master_process off" too ? I think
SIGWINCH should just be disabled in non-daemon mode.

I only had 'deamon off', adding 'master_process off' solved my issue. I
didn't know what that parameter was doing exactly.

I will communicate the result.

Thank you very much.

Félix Delval