Fastcgi chunked data

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Fri Aug 19 07:39:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 08:39:02AM +0800, Shaun savage wrote:

> I have a fastcgi server connection that send chunks of data.  I would
> like to have the chucks of data written to downstream, not buffered.
> I want to send chunked data from the server, but nginx buffers the data,
> I want to flush the data immediately.

As of now nginx will always buffer fastcgi response up to full buffer
(see fastcgi_buffers directive) filled.

If you really need data to be flushed immediately, you may try the
patch from here:

It is to address completely different problem, but as a side
effect with the patch complete fastcgi records will be sent without
further buffering.

Maxim Dounin