proxy_cache_path growing beyond max_size

morpheu nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Aug 19 19:11:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've read documentation about proxy_cache_path, proxy_temp_path and
client_body_temp_path directives but I'm a bit confused about proxy
cache size and clean up cache manager process. Using tools like skipfish
to test website security give me lot of 404 errors, which is a normal,
but setting proxy_cache_valid to a tiny value, around 1m, always causes
cache increased beyond limits. So, here is my settings:

proxy_cache_path  /var/cache/proxy/proxy_cache  levels=2:2:2
keys_zone=cache_local:2m  max_size=200m inactive=1d;
client_body_temp_path /var/cache/proxy/client_body_temp 2 2 2
proxy_temp_path /var/cache/proxy/proxy_temp 2 2 2;

proxy_cache_path always grows above 200m and fill up entire FS until it
runs out of space. Is cache manager process should keep it with enough
space, right? What am I doing wrong ?

Regards.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,214067,214067#msg-214067