Content-Length header missing after proxying

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 07:53:45 UTC 2011

On 24/08/11 07:14, Maxim Dounin wrote:

> I suspect that you aren't using the config you provided above, but
> instead additionally have something like ssi enabled, i.e.
> something like
>
>      ssi on;
>      ssi_types application/x-javascript;
>
> also present in your config.

Unfortunately not :(

It isn't the config that I'll be using in production, but with the
exception of a couple of lines I'm hoping are not relevant to the
problem, it is the config that I'm using to try to track down what's
going wrong.  For completeness though, here's what I have:

# cat nginx.conf
worker_processes  1;

events {
     worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
    upstream app {
        server localhost:8080;
    }

    server {
        listen       80;

        location / {
                proxy_pass http://app;
                # proxy_pass_header Content-Length;

nginx running with that configuration produced exactly the output from
wget that I showed in my original email.

James