performance issus, please help???

w3elf nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Aug 29 06:11:51 UTC 2011

Hey All,

I am pretty much a noobie at nginx and i really need some help.

I am using nginx as a reverse proxy server to serve primarily as a load
balancer. I am using almost only dynamic files. The back end servers are
apache.

Here are my httperf results:

single apache server (1024 mb): 300 requests per second
2x 512 mb apache server, 1 nginx server( 1024 mb) :300 requests per
second
2x 1024 mb apache server, 1 nginx server( 1024 mb) :300 requests per
second

It seems that my nginx server is the bottleneck but i cant figure out
how i can optimize it.

the cpu usage and ram usage on the apache backend server and nginx
server is minimal, less than 10%.

My goal is to find a great way to scale up and by using a load balancer,
but it seems that if nginx is limited in requests per second as a single
apache server, then there is no point....

May i get some help from anyone please?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,214412,214412#msg-214412