performance issus, please help???

JackB nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Aug 30 11:32:40 UTC 2011

highpointe Wrote:
> What metric are you concerned with?

None. I just wanted to point out, that results of performance tests
heavily depend on your location and client computer. Without any special
settings I could easily top w3elfs results.

When doing performance tests, always check:
- is the client-power sufficient? (packet rate, tcp settings etc.)
- can your connection handle the intended traffic? (not only capacity,
but in terms of latency and packet rate -> problems with link saturation
etc.)
- which route to the server is used?
- are the results different, when using another client/location?

Always check these double, if you are not testing with direct
connection.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,214412,214493#msg-214493