Fire and forget requests

Bradley Falzon brad at
Wed Aug 31 00:24:30 UTC 2011

We did notice similar functionality with PHP FPM

*fastcgi_finish_request()* - special function to finish request and flush
all data while continuing to do something time-consuming (video converting,
stats processing etc.);

Alternatively, and the approach we're using is via Gearman message bus style

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Richard Kearsley <Richard.Kearsley at
> wrote:

>  I don’t believe nginx can do this since I think it’stoo linear in the way
> it processes the request****
> The way I would approach this is by using the httpd built into C# -
> HttpListener****
> Once you receive the initial request you can send 200 immediately then
> spawn a new thread with the request to your backend using HttpWebRequest**
> **
> Just some ideas… this is potentially very easy using C# - and I’m sure in
> quite a few other lanquages/scripts too****
> ** **

Bradley Falzon
brad at