[ANN] Working on Nginx Tutorials in Chinese

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Tue Dec 6 09:24:06 UTC 2011

On 6 Dez 2011 07h56 WET, agentzh at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, folks!
>
> I've been posting Nginx tutorials in Chinese to my yet another blog
> site hosted by Sina Blog here:
>
>    http://blog.sina.com.cn/openresty

Hello agentzh,

I've riped out the http_concat_module from tengine and compiled it
against 1.1.10 as a regular HTTP (not filter) module.

I enabled the debug level on the error log and strangely (or not)
enough I never watch signs of life from the module.

With:

concat on; # default off
concat_max_files 20; # default 10

on a CSS/JS providing location.

I've played with the concat_unique flag also.

From my very poor understanding the code does the following.

It tries to concatenate requests of CSS/JS files (the default types)
as a single one whenever the client requests several of these
resources on a given location.

It uses the OS file cache whenever possible.

Since we're not changing the page, the client request made are the
same the concat module does all this stuff "in request handling".

Am I at least partially correct?

Thank you,
--- appa