Nginx won't stop

Matthew M. lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Dec 7 04:38:34 UTC 2011

Ok so I think you're right.

I'm using the passenger-install-nginx-module command, with a target
directory of /opt/nginx. I removed /etc/nginx, /opt/nginx,
/usr/sbin/nginx, and tried to reinstall fresh.

Fresh install initially seemed to work, with the first restart working
fine, but a second time it is the exact same as it was before.

Before when I ran nginx -v I got 1.0.5, but now I get

-bash: /usr/sbin/nginx: No such file or directory

because I deleted it obviously. Any thoughts of how I can go about
finding the other installation and removing it or just being absolutely
sure I've removed everything?