Update of nginx

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 13 19:47:54 UTC 2011

Thanks Sharl, Antonio,

Sharl, I used the 'sudo make install' command to be sure the install would
get the admin rights.
'which nginx' won't work, but '/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -v' gives me the
1.1.11 version.

Antonio, I tried your commands, but I already had my browser configured so
that its cache is deleted when I exit.
I tried again this morning after I booted my computer again and I still
gets the 1.0.9 header version...

I made a chown on the /usr/local/nginx' directory so the nginx user and a
group not related to it are the owners of all the files inside. I remember
having seen some subdirectories (such as 'conf') owned by the user root and
not nginx.
Does that could have an impact? I doubt it, since the 'other' rights are
still set to 'read'. It was maybe one of my 'security' tweaks of which I
don't really know the useness.

If anyone has an idea apart from wiping out the whole directory (which
would be far away the 'hot update' feature idea planted in nginx), I would
be glad to take it...
---
*B. R.*