Repository Issue

Chris Plessy chris.plessy at
Thu Dec 15 19:19:01 UTC 2011

I've run into an issue with the nginx repository. Previously, I've never
needed to add a key to use the nginx repo, however I've now run into an
issue where it's asking for one, and I can't find a gpg server for nginx to
get one.

My sources.list:
[root at GLaDOS ~]# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src squeeze main contrib non-free

deb squeeze/updates main
deb-src squeeze/updates main

deb squeeze-updates main
deb-src squeeze-updates main

deb squeeze nginx
deb-src squeeze nginx
[root at GLaDOS ~]#

The error I get on apt-get update:
*[root at GLaDOS ~]# apt-get update*
*Hit squeeze/updates Release.gpg*
*Ign squeeze/updates/main Translation-en
*Ign squeeze/updates/main Translation-en_US
*Hit squeeze/updates Release
*Hit squeeze Release.gpg
*Ign squeeze/contrib Translation-en
*Ign squeeze/contrib Translation-en_US
*Hit squeeze/updates/main Sources
*Hit squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages  *
*Ign squeeze/main Translation-en    *
*Ign squeeze/main Translation-en_US *
*Ign squeeze/non-free Translation-en*
*Ign squeeze/non-free Translation-en_US*
*Hit squeeze-updates Release.gpg            *
*Ign squeeze-updates/main Translation-en*
*Ign squeeze-updates/main Translation-en_US
*Hit squeeze Release                        *
*Get:1 squeeze Release.gpg [287 B]                    *
*Ign squeeze/nginx Translation-en*
*Hit squeeze-updates Release*
*Hit squeeze/main Sources                    *
*Hit squeeze/contrib Sources*
*Hit squeeze/non-free Sources*
*Hit squeeze/main amd64 Packages*
*Hit squeeze/contrib amd64 Packages*
*Hit squeeze/non-free amd64 Packages*
*Ign squeeze/nginx Translation-en_US*
*Get:2 squeeze Release [3,037 B]*
*Ign squeeze Release              *
*Hit squeeze-updates/main Sources/DiffIndex*
*Ign squeeze/nginx Sources/DiffIndex*
*Hit squeeze-updates/main amd64 Packages/DiffIndex*
*Hit squeeze-updates/main amd64 Packages*
*Ign squeeze/nginx amd64 Packages/DiffIndex*
*Ign squeeze/nginx Sources*
*Ign squeeze/nginx amd64 Packages*
*Hit squeeze/nginx Sources*
*Hit squeeze/nginx amd64 Packages*
*Fetched 288 B in 1s (207 B/s)*
*Reading package lists... Done*
*W: GPG error: squeeze Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
*[root at GLaDOS ~]#*
I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.