[nginx balancer problem]

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Dec 15 22:45:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 04:23:07PM -0200, Alexis Rodríguez wrote:

Hi there,

> Let me describe our situation, we receive from nginx a request, we write on
> the socket without closing the connection, but nginx did not response to
> the client until we close the connection!.

In testing here, I "proxy_pass" to the upstream, and "proxy_buffering off"
causes the http response body to be sent to the client as it is generated.

Nothing is sent to the client until after the http response headers
are complete.

(The test upstream is a simple HTTP/1.0 server running a shell-cgi
script where I can put "sleep 3" in between "echo output" lines, so I
know exactly when things are sent by the upstream.)

> Directives already tried:
>
> * keepalive_timeout 0;
> * proxy_buffering off;
>
> There is something left to try?

Does the simple test above work for you?

How is nginx configured to connect to your web servers? How do your web
servers respond?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org