redirect to another page (visible on url bar) with nginx?

bobinfo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Dec 16 10:39:05 UTC 2011

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out if / how I could redirect from an url to
another one, but i would like this change to be visible, i.e to change
the text / url in the url bar.

I've checked with url rewrite, but it seems to me that the rewriting is
only internal, is there a way to do a visible rewriting?

I would like to transform the search url created by a search form
(/search.php?key=(.*)&page=(.*)&cat=(.*)&filter=(.*)&orderby=(.*)) in a
clean url like /search/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/ (and then the clean url will be
converted to something else via the rewrite module)

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks!

bob :)

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,220157,220157#msg-220157