signal process in nginx

Brian Akins brian at akins.org
Wed Dec 21 05:55:05 UTC 2011

On Dec 20, 2011, at 10:51 PM, 한그루 wrote:

> My customer wants to manage the backend server list dynamically. so if a administrator add or remove some backend servers a program will write about it into shared memory and send signal to nginx worker process to force to
> synchronize with current server list.

writing out a new config file and doing a normal reload will accomplish the same thing and it's already done.  No need to reinvent the wheel, I don't think.  We manage the members of an upstream "dynamically" based on our CMDB, so when we add or remove servers, the changes are reflected in nginx and we did this without touching a line of nginx code.

--Brian