Moodle

António P. P. Almeida appa at perusio.net
Wed Feb 9 07:47:32 MSK 2011

On 9 Fev 2011 04h15 WET, nginx-forum at nginx.us wrote:

> Hi
>
> Anyone experienced running Moodle under Nginx instead of Apache?
>
> If yes,
> 1) how to get fastest possible Moodle access under Nginx?
> 2) I thought Nginx doesn't handle dynamic pages well?

Neither does Apache. What handle the dynamic pages is the PHP
interpreter living under the table that Apache with mod_php provides.

> 3) Can I do away with Apache then?

Yes. I had to enable cgi.fix_pathinfo to get it work. I dit it through
a php.ini file in the root directory of the site.

Could be something with my config. Moodle is an app I know quite
badly, also the client was in a hurry to get the site migrated
completely to Nginx. I didn't had much time to try different
approaches. This one was working, hence...

--- appa