[ANN] ngx_lua v0.1.5: ability to capture multiple parallel subrequests

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:36:05 MSK 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Alexander Kunz <akunz at ntmedia.de> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing so many of your Nginx addons, Nginx scripting is so
> exciting. I read
> your 2 slides about Nginx scripting. Very intersting, are there some more
> examples or informations
> about Nginx scripting?

Maybe my blog count? ;)

    http://agentzh.blogspot.com/

I do have the plan of writing a bunch of (detailed) tutorials on this this year.

> I try out your example, you subrequest on a redis location. I use the redis2
> addon, but i
> allways get in the first line the bytes for my redis request. Is there a
> solution hide this information?

The ngx_redis2 module returns the raw TCP response from the redis
server. It's recommended to use my lua-redis-parser module (written in
pure C) to parse these responses into lua data structure:

    https://github.com/agentzh/lua-redis-parser

If you only want to use the "get" redis command, you can try out the
ngx_redis module here:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpRedis

It returns the parsed content part of the redis response because only
"get" is needed to implement.

> So it would be possible to use redis2 for caching whole HTML pages.

Right, using ngx_srcache + ngx_lua + lua-redis-parser. See ngx_srcache
for details:

    http://github.com/agentzh/srcache-nginx-module

It's much like Apache2's mod_cache, but only support silly response
body caching (for now) and is 100% non-blocking. I're already using
ngx_srcache + ngx_memc to cache responses via memcached in production.

> Have a nice day agentzh!

Thanks! :) The same to you ;)

Cheers,
-agentzh