Help With Mailman

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Feb 10 20:54:50 MSK 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:40:07AM -0500, Parker, Joshua wrote:

Hi there,

> Thanks everyone. My issue has been resolved, but now I have a new issue and
> its with emails. This is the bounce back I get:

Point your web browser at http://mulyoo.org:8000/ Click the "mailman"
link. You're talking directly to thttpd; there is no nginx involvement
here. (Unless you intend for that to be the case, you may want to tighten
up the config.)

You'll probably find better help on mailman, or your smtp server,
resources.

> The error that the other server
> returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <mailman-request at mulyoo.org>: Relay access
> denied (state 14).

You'll probably want to make sure that the smtp server knows that it
should handle mail for the domain mulyoo.org. There's almost certainly a
(non-nginx) manual showing how to do that.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org