Migrating from Lighttpd : mod_secdownload show-stopper ?

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Thu Feb 10 21:22:01 MSK 2011

> Do you have any advices/ideas to help me mimick Lighty's
> "mod_secdownload", please ? Actually, my application produce links like
> this one :
> /$prefix/$path/to/file.mp4/$hash/$timestamp

One way to work arround this would be to use X-Accel-Redirect  (
http://wiki.nginx.org/XSendfile) and rewrite (or with try_file) requests to
some script (like php, perl or ruby) and make the decision on application
level (would require just few lines of code to verify the hash/timestamp but
you could even check against DB etc) while still pushing the file directly
through nginx.

Few articles: