Help With Mailman

Parker, Joshua josh at joshparker.us
Fri Feb 11 02:50:53 MSK 2011

Ok, I have postfix installed and these are the steps I took:

sudo aptitude -y install postfix telnet mailx
sudo nano /etc/aliases
    root:   some_value
sudo newaliases
sudo nano /etc/postfix/main.cf

myorigin = $mydomain

mydestination = $mulyoo, localhost.$mulyoo, localhost

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8

sudo /etc/init.d/postfix restart

>From what I gathered, postfix should be able to send email, but after
doing the steps above, I still can't send email through mailman. Is
there an alternative solution?

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Parker, Joshua <josh at joshparker.us> wrote:

> Ah, thank you. I didn't even think about smtp, and I am sure that smtp is
> the issue.
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Igor Sysoev <igor at sysoev.ru> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 10, 2011, at 19:40 , Parker, Joshua wrote:
>>
>> Thanks everyone. My issue has been resolved, but now I have a new issue
>> and its with emails. This is the bounce back I get:
>>
>> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>>
>>     mailman-request at mulyoo.org
>>
>> Technical details of permanent failure:
>> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
>> domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
>> information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
>> returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <mailman-request at mulyoo.org>: Relay access
>> denied (state 14).
>>
>> My records are below:
>>
>> mulyoo.org.     IN      MX      10      mail.mulyoo.org.
>> mail            IN      A       72.55.148.59
>>

>> This your SMTP server issue, but not nginx's one.
>>

>> --
>> Igor Sysoev
>> http://sysoev.ru/en/

Joshua Parker