fastcgi_cache_bypass and 502 Bad Gateway

Dayo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Feb 11 19:57:27 MSK 2011

The point I was trying to make is that in this case for instance, ...

[code]
set $donot_cache 0;
if ($http_cookie ~*
"comment_author_|wordpress_(?!test_cookie)|wp-postpass_" ) {
  set $donot_cache 1;
}
set $test $donot_cache;
[/code]

... $test will always be equal to 0 as any variable set within the 'if'
block is not exposed outside the block AFAIK.

So when you run ...

[code]
set $donot_cache 0;
if ($http_cookie ~*
"comment_author_|wordpress_(?!test_cookie)|wp-postpass_" ) {
  set $donot_cache 1;
fastcgi_no_cache   $donot_cache;
[/code]

 ... '$donot_cache' will always resolve to null.

Again, this is AFAIK based on stuff I have read here and there.

See here for instance:

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,173795,174192#msg-174192