Memcache and garbled text returned by Nginx

kaspars nginx-forum at
Tue Feb 15 21:38:41 MSK 2011

> Looks like your client stores compressed data in memcached. Check
> your client documentation to find out how to switch it off.

I already did that -- I'm sure it does not compress data.

I just noticed that the problem occurs only for pages with a lot of HTML
(6KB), while smaller pages (3KB) are rendered fine. This is nowhere
close to the 1MB limit of memcache. For this page everything is OK, while this returns the garbled string.

I'll try a different PHP memcache library, but I really doubt that it
will have any effect.