Memcache and garbled text returned by Nginx

kaspars nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Feb 15 21:38:41 MSK 2011

> Looks like your client stores compressed data in memcached. Check
> your client documentation to find out how to switch it off.

I already did that -- I'm sure it does not compress data.

I just noticed that the problem occurs only for pages with a lot of HTML
(6KB), while smaller pages (3KB) are rendered fine. This is nowhere
close to the 1MB limit of memcache. For this page
http://konstruktors.com/ everything is OK, while this
http://konstruktors.com/blog/ returns the garbled string.

I'll try a different PHP memcache library, but I really doubt that it
will have any effect.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,175470,175541#msg-175541