Client body buffering with FastCGI

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Feb 18 18:28:21 MSK 2011

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 07:43:09AM -0500, Maxim Khitrov wrote:

[...]

> Here's the information in case you want to see why unix sockets cause
> this problem. I don't think you even need to use the specific software
> I was trying to configure. Write a 1-line PHP script that saves some
> POSTed variable to a file. Then post more than 64 MB of data and see
> if it breaks.
>
> The OS is FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE-p4 amd64. Nginx 0.8.54 configuration for
> AjaXplorer with irrelevant parts removed:

[...]

>     sendfile on;

[...]

>             fastcgi_pass unix:/tmp/php.sock;

[...]

Ok, thanks for info.  I tend to think that it's kernel problem
with sendfile(2) and unix sockets.

Could you please test if a) not using sendfile (in location in
question) resolves the problem and b) not using unix sockets
resolves the problem?  Just to make things more clear.

I'll try to reproduce this issue here and dig further into it, but
unfortunately I'm a bit busy now and it's unlikely to happen
anytime soon.