Problem with nginx/0.8.54 and alias

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Fri Feb 18 20:46:44 MSK 2011

On 2/18/11 11:57 AM, Dayo wrote:
> Здравствуйте!

>> data.
>>>
>>> To be fair to the forum, I was the one that
>> truncated the quote to only
>>> show the relevant part to my post.
>>> The long and complex quotes become impossible
>> for me to follow.
>>
>> I'm complaining about "" in regexp being eaten by
>> forum engine,
>> nothing else.  Forum's inability to preserve data
>> intact is really
>> distressing.

I am unaware of this particular issue until now, or, if I was it has
slipped my mind. I have responded to your complaints in the past and
fixed as many of them as possible. Instead of making these snide
comments on the mailing list, it would be more helpful if you simply
aired your issues with me privately. I then *might* be more inclined to
work on them. It would be better to handle forum issues on the forum (or
privately) and not to pollute the mailing list with them.

> I see it has eaten "" in the quote above!
> Didn't realise it had this happening.
> Probably considers it to be HTML and removes it.
> Probably not necessary and may be fixable by the admin but given lack of
> response to the preview issue, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I addressed your issue about which you haven't made "multiple"
complaints. It seems that you are the *only* one complaining about it
despite there being nearly 4000 registered users. See above.

I host and administer the forum in the little spare time that I have. I
have no ads or other compensation. I try to deal with spam posts and
legitimate posts that are caught in the spam filter in a timely fashion.

If someone else feels that they can do a better job, let me know and I
will give you the files and database in a zip and Igor can point the
subdomain to your IP. No hard feelings.

Or, if Igor wants the forum closed, all he needs do is say the word...

>> You may want to consider using mailing list
>> directly instead.
>
> I will have a look. thanks.
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,176110,176524#msg-176524

Jim Ohlstein