Problem with nginx/0.8.54 and alias

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Sun Feb 20 17:48:47 MSK 2011

On 2/20/11 6:49 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 08:28:27PM -0500, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
>
>> On 2/19/11 6:14 PM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 12:05:17PM -0500, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Just a side note: you mail client seems to unable to handle<NAME>
>>> correctly as well.
>>
>> Really? Attached are screen shots of the last email I sent which
>> included several usages of that string. I use Thunderbird/3.1.7
>> (Mac) and the mail is sent via Google Apps. Screen captures are
>> attached from both the sent folder from my client and that of the
>> Google web client. They look OK to me.
>
> Really.  Number of spaces before and after is garbled.

I see that now. Once again specificity is lacking. Your words were "Just
a side note: you mail client seems to unable to handle <NAME>
correctly as well.". I was looking at the string itself, and its
contents seem to be handled normally. I would have formatted your
comment thus:

Just a side note: you mail client seems to unable to handle " <NAME> "
correctly as well.

That would have directed a dummy like myself to look at the spacing.
Again, I can't read your mind.

This does not affect a configuration such as

  location ~ ^/phpmyadmin/(?<NAME>.+\.php)$ {
      fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
      fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
                    /var/www/monsite.fr/phpMyAdmin/$NAME;
      include fastcgi_params;
  }

Or at least not in my testing here.

Also, in my testing here the following string:

rendered with spaces.

The problem is likely a charset issue and appears to be a bug in the
conversion. You use  "us-ascii" and I use "ISO-8859-1".

> [...]
>
> Maxim Dounin

Jim Ohlstein