Help with PHP arguments

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at
Tue Feb 22 20:07:18 MSK 2011

I am having a real issue in getting my head around how to identify in the location when URL arguments are being passed on PHP requests.

If I go to the URL it works, if I go to it works, but when I go to it fails and sends the request to the default site in NGINX.

This is what I have in my file:

server {

ssl on;
ssl_certificate /etc/pki/tls/certs/proxy01c.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/pki/tls/private/proxy01k.pem;

ssl_session_timeout 5m;

ssl_protocols SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

access_log /var/log/nginx/ main;
error_log /var/log/nginx/ info;

gzip on;
gzip_http_version 1.0;
gzip_comp_level 2;
gzip_proxied any;
gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

location ~* ^/|\.php$(.*) {
proxy_pass https:/ / ;
proxy_redirect /;
proxy_set_header Host $host;

client_max_body_size 2g;
client_body_buffer_size 128k;

Sorry, NGINX is very new to me so any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks, Phil