proxy_set_header at http level

杨镭 clanherb at
Wed Jan 5 17:42:09 MSK 2011

Hi all,

  Although the documentation ( says the context of
proxy_set_header  can be http, server, location,we found that
proxy_set_header directive at http level does not work. When moved to server
level, everything works fine.

  Setting proxy_set_header at http level allows us to centralize some common
settings thus avoid manually copy those directives to each virtual host when
it was created. e.g., we use X-Http-Scheme header to let backend server know
if it's a https request, otherwise they can't know.