Worker process exited on signal 7

Balazs Pocze banyek at
Fri Jan 7 12:35:31 MSK 2011

Hello everyone,

I started to use nginx insted of lighttpd for a few days ago. It
serves only static content (thumbnail pictures) and performs well, but
yesterday it stopped working, and I got the following messages on the

2011/01/06 17:54:30 [alert] 7542#0: worker process 31959 exited on signal 7

I didn't found anything about this error message on the net. The error
logging level is "crit" because I don't have enough storage to keep
all the "file not found" errors :) (The logging goes to a tmpfs
So I restarted the lighttpd on that server, and it works now, so I
didn't think that it is a hardware error.
Here is th the output of nginx -V:

nginx version: nginx/0.8.54
built by gcc 4.3.3 (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4)
TLS SNI support enabled
configure arguments: --prefix=/opt/nginx
--error-log-path=var/log/error.log --http-log-path=var/log/access.log
--without-http_uwsgi_module --without-http_scgi_module
--with-http_ssl_module --with-openssl=../openssl-0.9.8k
--user=www-data --group=www-data --pid-
--conf-path=/opt/nginx/etc/nginx.conf --with-http_stub_status_module

It is a x86_64 system.

At this machine the www data files are on two SSD-s, and one of those
SSD-s are bad, bacause not all 'secors' (hey what is the correct term
for sectors on SSD?) can be read. Can it cause this type of error?

"Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out."