[ANN] My fork of ngx_eval 2011.01.12 released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:58:04 MSK 2011

Hi, folks!

People have been reporting issues of my fork of ngx_eval when using it
with recent versions of nginx. I've updated it to version 2011.01.12
to compatible with nginx 0.8.54+:

    https://github.com/agentzh/nginx-eval-module/downloads

Now "eval_subrequest_in_memory" is off by default. Because
subrequest_in_memory mode is still having issues.

Here's a small example for using ngx_eval with my ngx_redis2, an nginx
upstream module that supports the full Redis 2.0 unified wired
protocol:

   location /foo {
       eval_override_content_type 'application/octet-stream';
       eval_subrequest_in_memory off;
       eval $res {
           redis2_literal_raw_query 'set one 5\r\nfirst\r\n';
           redis2_pass 127.0.0.1:6379;
       }
       echo [$res];
   }

Accessing /foo with curl yields

   [+OK
   ]

on my side.

Please ensure that you're using nginx 0.8.54+ and the latest version
of my fork of ngx_eval (at lease 2010.12.29+ is required).

If you find any issues, please let me know.

Special thanks go to Valery Kholodkov for creating ngx_eval in the first place.

Cheers,
-agentzh

P.S. Still, it's recommended to use ngx_lua module's rewrite_by_lua or
access_by_lua directives combined by the "ngx.location.capture" API to
do what my fork of ngx_eval has been doing.