[ANN] ngx_lua v0.1.3: improved Solaris and Mac portability

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:30:36 MSK 2011

Hi, folks!

I'm delighted to announce that ngx_lua v0.1.3 has been released.

You can download the tarball from the following download page:

    https://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module/downloads

In this version, we've improved the config-time detection logic for
Solaris and Mac, and there's success report on Solaris 11. Thanks the
great help from Vladislav Manchev.

There's also some work for NetBSD/OpenBSD/FreeBSD systems from Piotr
Sikora. *BSD folks are very welcome to try it out ;)

Our main development and testing environment is 32bit and 64bit Linux
though. Help for porting this module to more (exotic) systems will be
highly appreciated as usual :)

The ngx_lua module embeds the Lua/LuaJIT interpreter into the nginx
core and integrates the powerful Lua threads (aka Lua coroutines) into
the nginx event model by means of nginx subrequests. But chaoslawful
is currently working on the "cosocket" branch of ngx_lua that will
emulate a common set of Lua socket API that will give you totally
transparent non-blocking capability out of the box by means of a brand
new upstream layer atop the nginx event model and no nginx subrequest
overheads.

Happy Lua and nginx.conf hacking!

Cheers,
-agentzh