encode url

mgutt nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jan 18 10:52:42 MSK 2011

Hi,

I really need the same for rewrite and variables like $http_referer or
$request_uri.

There were several questions regarding that in the past, but I can't
find a solution.

An example:
		[code]
# url rewriting
		location ~ \.htm$ {
			rewrite ^/([a-z0-9_]+)\.htm$ /$1.php?uri=$request_uri break;
			proxy_next_upstream error timeout http_500 http_503 http_404
invalid_header;
			proxy_pass http://backend;
		}
[/code]

In some rules $request_uri contains arguments with ampersand and as it
isn't escaped, those won't be part of the "uri"-var.

I really like to have a function like url_encode() or something similar
to str_replace().

regards,
Marc

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,153434,167140#msg-167140