502 Bad Gateway - Nginx + PHP-FPM

supercleanse nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jan 18 22:49:01 MSK 2011

So I went out to google groups and there seems to have been no
resolution to this issue.

I used the instructions found here to setup NGINX / PHP-FPM using the
dotdeb sources in Ubuntu:

I'm having tons of 502 errors randomly occur on requests. It's really
bad -- to figure out how to avoid this problem we set it up the same way
on another server -- same issue.

The only workaround I can figure out is to set a cron job to manually
restart php-fpm every 5 minutes ... I'd like to not have to do that.

Let me know if there's some way of avoiding this issue...

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,130438,167331#msg-167331