Wiki updated with reset_timedout_connection.

locojohn nginx-forum at
Fri Jul 15 18:21:12 UTC 2011

António P. P. Almeida Wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2011 18h23 WEST, nginx-forum at
> wrote:

>   This directive enables or disables resetting the
> connection on
>   timeout. When resetting the connection, before
> the socket is closed,
>   the socket SO_LINGER option is set with a 0
> timeout, which forces a
>   RST packet to be sent to the client upon closing

"the" RST packet, I think, since we mention what kind it is.

> the socket, thus
>   freeing all memory associated with it. This
> prevents that a socket
>   in the FIN_WAIT1 state keep the buffers
> associated with it lying
>   around.

This prevents the socket in the FIN_WAIT1 state, along with the buffers
associated with it from lying around.

("the socket" -- since we're talking about the specific socket)

Kudos on working with the English manual!