Poor performance in serving of static files

Jürg Lehni lists at scratchdisk.com
Mon Jul 18 08:45:22 UTC 2011

I just did that, with no measurable improvement.

I am aware that delays happen on both URLs sometimes, but reloading the full site with an emptied browser cache for example takes about one second on Apache, and double on Nginx. And without having done any proper benchmarking, hitting any of these rendered type pages after that just feels much slower and less fluid on Nginx. I am really surprised!

And I am still wondering: Could it be that for a low traffic site, Apache could actually outperform Nginx noticeably?

Jürg