nginx company

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:52:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Igor Sysoev <igor at sysoev.ru> wrote:

> Our primary goals are improving support and communication for our users,
> streamlining the development process, revamping the documentation,
> integrating and speeding up pending bugfixes and patches, introducing
> long-requested functionality and more.

A big +1!

Hopefully under this company on your own you will be adequately compensated :)

I think the minor, iterative release process keeps the changes small
enough to be very clean to upgrade. However it does make it a hassle
it seems for most of the distributions to keep up. It would be great
to see a roadmap and what you're currently working on/have planned,
and perhaps a place to solicit ideas (I suppose we could just make a
page on the wiki) for improvements.

I assume you will make it known that your company is available for
professional services/consulting, since that will probably be the most
lucrative way to continue to make money off your free software.

Congratulations. This is a big step in showing the world how serious nginx is!