[ANN] ngx_redis2 v0.07: nginx upstream module for the full redis 2.0 protocol

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 04:37:45 UTC 2011

Hi, folks!

I'm happy to announce that ngx_redis2 v0.07 has now been released!

You can download the release tarball from its download page:

   https://github.com/agentzh/redis2-nginx-module/downloads

This is an nginx upstream module that makes nginx talk to a redis 2.x
server in a non-blocking way. The full Redis 2.0 unified protocol has
been implemented including the redis pipelining support.

This module returns the raw TCP response from the redis server. It's
recommended to use my lua-redis-parser module (written in pure C) to
parse these responses into lua data structure when combined with the
ngx_lua module:

      https://github.com/agentzh/lua-redis-parser

Another option is to parse the redis responses on your client side yourself.

You can find the full documentation on its GitHub project page:

   https://github.com/agentzh/redis2-nginx-module

Here goes the complete change log for this release:

* now we have implemented redis command pipelining by using multiple
redis2_query directives in a single location. also updated the
document to reflect this change.
* implemented the new redis2_raw_queries directive which supports
multiple pipelined redis commands in a single TCP query.
* fixed github issue #5: CRLF in chunk data confused the response
parser when packet segmentation happens. thanks dlogar.
* fixed an issue in the multi-bulk reply parser that only chunks were
allowed as elements. now single line replies are all allowed, but
recursive multi-bulk replies are still not allowed.
* fixed an issue regarding defining global variables in C header
files: we should have defined the global ngx_http_redis2_module in a
single compilation unit. thanks Jiang Dapao.
* documented the redis2_next_upstream directive as per Lance.
* documented the limited redis pub/sub feature support.
* documented the various timeout config directives. thanks Mike Ferrier.
* now we only issue a warning when there is left-over bytes in the
redis response stream.
* added a memory allocation failure check. (calio)
* fixed a typo in the source; it does not affect runtime results
though. thanks calio for catching it.
* fixed one spot of unused-but-set-variable warning issued by gcc 4.6.
* now we allow empty parameters in the redis2_query directive.
* added a performance tuning section as per HowToMeetLadies.
* fixed a typo in the source code reported by Rares Mirica.

Enjoy!
-agentzh