Debian Squeez - install Phusion Passenger AFTER nginx-full

Sergey A. Osokin osa at
Fri Jul 22 19:16:50 UTC 2011

Hi Cris.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 07:21:38PM +0200, Christian Becker wrote:
> Hi There,
> i've installed nginx from the debian apt-get nginx-full.
> Now I need passenger, too.
> Is there a way getting passenger up and running without
> removing nginx from the current system (and without installing
> a second instance of it)

I support nginx for FreeBSD ports tree with 36 third-party modules
includes passenger.  I think this is best way to use nginx with
third-party modules.

Also, I think Debian is slow on development (and/or packaging)
third-party software (with third-party modules).

Sergey A. Osokin
osa at
osa at FreeBSD.ORG