Dealing with Layer 7 DDoS attacks (RUDY, Slowloris, etc)

Mel Brands bighype at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:21:39 UTC 2011

Rami,

Right, nginx does seem to handle SlowLoris attack better than most web
servers. However, there's Apache 2 patch that mitigates SlowLoris really
well (you can find it with a quick search). I don't know if nginx is on the
same level as Apache2+patch.

However, I have no idea how well nginx can sustain under a small/moderate
RUDY attack. RUDY is one of the newer attacks that's gained a lot of
popularity in recent months.

Mel