Multiple SSL enabled hosts causes nginx to reload slowly

runesoerensen nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Jul 27 02:48:49 UTC 2011

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for looking into this - I may apply the fix you propose sometime
in the future.

The solution I ended up with was kind of weird. I simply put the
ssl_certificate related directives inside a "faux" server directive,
that's also the first server directive containing ssl directives. As
nginx picks the first one it finds, the correct certificate is still
being inherited by other server directives. This caused the startup time
to be drastically reduced.

Rune

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,199166,212974#msg-212974