Is cache being used?

Ben Lancaster benlancaster at holler.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 16:52:49 UTC 2011

On 27 Jul 2011, at 14:38, egrueda wrote:

> Thanks, Ben. I've added headers and now I can clearly see all of them:
> Does it mean nginx cache is not properly configured or is it a matter of
> this specific backend?

It sounds to me like your application is sending back headers that instruct Nginx not to cache the response. Can you provide full HTTP headers that are coming back in the response?

> Why did you say "and never will be" with a "MISS" status?

Well, that's not strictly true I guess depending on how your caching is configured (I think this is affected by the proxy_cache_min_uses directive).