NGINX + Reverse Proxy + SSL

myckeul nginx-forum at
Wed Jun 1 14:46:35 MSD 2011

Hello ;)

As part of a project, I need to perform a reverse proxy to a server that
runs apache https.

I do not have the certificates on the destination server and I can not
add them to nginx.

I tried the following configuration but the site is unavailable:

server {
       listen [::]:443 default ssl;

       access_log  /var/log/nginx/;

       error_page 404 = /404.htm;

       location /404.htm {
       	root /var/www;

       location / {
              	proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Host $host;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Server $host;

Thanks for your help if you have any idea ;)