Rewrite help when files do NOT have a ".php" extension

pk899 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Jun 1 17:23:20 MSD 2011

Thanks so much appa. In your suggested example, is there an opening
bracket after "location
/site/.*\.(?:xml|mp4|ttf|css|rss|atom|js|jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico|zip|tgz|gz|rar|doc|xls|exe|ppt)$"
 ?

I got confused a bit with the blocks structure there.

Will try some of this, and get back with results here especially related
to the last "try_files" bit. I didn't fully comprehend what you are
suggesting, but let me read it some more times and try stuff.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,202956,202980#msg-202980