No subject

Les Aker me at
Wed Jun 1 18:33:42 MSD 2011

I've found what appears to be a bug in the handling of listen directives for ipv4 and ipv6.

When running two vhosts, one of which listens on [::], the other on localhost, nginx will fail with this error:
2011/06/01 10:12:35 [emerg] 9750#0: bind() to failed (98: Address already in use)
My understanding was that this error stems from [::] being inclusive of, causing nginx to attempt to bind it twice.
However, replacing the `listen localhost;` with `listen [::1];` removes the error, despite the fact that [::1] is also included within [::].
Les Aker