include directive not allowed in upstream?

steveh nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Jun 3 15:18:08 MSD 2011

We have a number of upstream blocks for different vhosts / processes but
a number of them make use of the same backend nodes so I wanted to
simply out upsteam declarations by using includes. On doing so we get
the follow error:-
nginx: [emerg] "include" directive is not allowed here in
/usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:61

Seems like include is not possible in an upstream block. I can't think
of a logical reason for this, any ideas?

Seems this would be quite a nice feature to add.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,203585,203585#msg-203585