proxy_cache partial response?
clanherb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 04:40:23 MSD 2011
will nginx cache partial response when upstream prematutely close
In our production environment, we found the following scenario requires one
to manually clear proxy cache:
1. nginx asks upstrean for some large file, e.g., 5000KB
2. upstream send response, it flushes response header which (at least)
3. Network is completely broken when 200KB was received by nginx. In about
the same time, upstream closed connection by sending a FIN
4. nginx cache the partial response and use it to serve subsequent requests
5. Browser request this large file then indefinitely hangs because
content-length indicates there were more to come but actually nginx has
nothing to send.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nginx