forward arguments in upload module

Francis Daly francis at
Mon Jun 13 22:20:40 MSD 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 02:12:12AM -0400, vetri wrote:

Hi there,

>          i am sending my key=value through
> http://localhost:8085/zsupload?filename=run.txt&content-type=txt&checksum="6454456456"

It is *possible* to POST to a url with a query string, but it is
unusual. And I believe that the upload module doesn't automatically
process the query string for you.

The right thing for you to do is probably to send all of these key-value
pairs within the body of the POST request, and just let the upload module
do what it is good at.

> by turning upload_pass_args on,i could not notify the path which is
> /home/vetriselvanm/Desktop/upload/0000000001 to backend  and that is the
> path where file is stored. but i used that upload_set_form_field  what u
> specified above didnt work .i could not recieve the notification at

If you really want to POST with a query string, then you'll want
something like

    upload_set_form_field filename $arg_filename;

in the nginx config.

Note that this will cause nginx to send the key-value pair in the body
of the POST request it makes to the backend, not in the query string.

> backend.if i want to send the
> path=/home/vetriselvanm/Desktop/upload/0000000001 to the backend how
> could i use this paerfectly or do have to enable any other module?

You don't need any module at all, you just need a working form handler
as the backend.

But it is useful to use the upload module, to make the backend form
handler simpler.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at