Error pages/Web Authentication

HTF nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Jun 15 07:21:52 MSD 2011

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> nginx uses only *one* configuration to process
> request, please see
> here:
>
> http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#location
>
> If you want /administrator to be protected, but
> still want php
> processed there, you have to define two locations
> for this: one
> for protected static files and one for protected
> php files.
>
> Using nested location simple config will look
> like:
>
>     location ^~ /administrator {
>         auth_basic ...
>
>         location ~ \.php$ {
>             fastcgi_pass ...
>         }
>     }

Hello,

Thank you.

Is this recommended/only configuration for this in my case - according
to wiki from the link above (>
http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#location):
"While nested locations are allowed by the configuration file parser,
their use is discouraged and may produce unexpected results. "

Also could you please advise why the SHA and MD5 encryption for the
basic authentication is not working for me. I receive password mismatch
errors in the log files

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,205299,207004#msg-207004