nginx and cscart

torajx nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Jun 25 11:29:28 MSD 2011

hi,
i asked this question in other topics but did not get the complete
solution yet.
many problems solved but one final of pice of puzzle is still unsolved;

we want to use nginx in front of three cs cart web servers;
one server is for images(192.168.1.3) and two others(192.168.1.1,
192.168.1.2) for web site files of  cscart..
this is my complete config so far :

user  nginx nginx;
worker_processes  4;
error_log  var/log/error.log;
pid        var/run/nginx.pid;
events {
    worker_connections  4098;
}
http {
  keepalive_timeout  65;
  include       mime.types;

  default_type  application/octet-stream;
  sendfile on;
  gzip on;
  gzip_min_length  1000;
  gzip_proxied     expired no-cache no-store private auth;
  gzip_types       text/plain application/xml text/css;
  gzip_disable     "MSIE [1-6]\.";

  upstream mysites_hash {
     ip_hash;
     server 192.168.1.1;
     server 192.168.1.2 down;
  }
  upstream myimages {
     server 192.168.1.3;
  }

  server {
      listen    80;
      server_name   www.mydomain.com;
      location /  {
            deny all;
      }
      location /csupdate/images {
            proxy_pass      http://myimages/images;
      }
      location /csupdate {
        proxy_pass      http://mysites_hash/csupdate;
        proxy_set_header Host  192.168.1.1;
        proxy_redirect  http://192.168.1.1/csupdate
http://www.mydomain.com/csupdate;

      }
      location /nginx_status {
          stub_status on;
          access_log   off;
          allow my_own_ip-address;
          deny all;

some notes :
1. cs cart has a setion in its config that i have to add server address
and also some path
    for example i have to define 192.168.1.1 and also define "csupdate"
(csupdate is a virtual address of my site under 192.168.1.1 or
192.168.1.2); then cscart redirect users to this address so it does some
redirection so i need to use proxy_redirect ang proxy_set_header as
above;

2. the above config is working fine because i set the 2th server down
(192.168.1.2) and use 1th server address manually
    in my /csupdate location but i can not enable my 2th server because
i don't know how to config my csupdate location

is there any thing i can do for this problem ???

thank you in advance;

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,209882,209882#msg-209882