Rewriting the domain part of Set-Cookie in a proxy_pass

tobia nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jun 27 12:50:31 MSD 2011

agentzh wrote:
> We will probably have header_filter_by_lua and
> body_filter_by_lua directives by this Christmas ;)

That will be great.

I still think Nginx should have plain C equivalents to Apache's
ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain and ProxyPassReverseCookiePath. It's a
problem that comes up fairly often when proxying legacy servers.

Nginx could even do it by default, when there is a proxy_pass with a
path component (which means: "process the request host and path", as
opposed to a proxy_pass without trailing slash, which means "pass the
request unprocessed")

What do you think?

Tobia

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,204971,210374#msg-210374