Time-of-day caching?

Guzman Braso guzman.braso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:04:02 MSK 2011

Hi there,

We are currently using wordpress (many of them) running in apache with
nginx in front of it using proxy_cache.

Currently we are not managing anymore the wordpress and our customers
do with them as they wish, some have cache enabled, some not.
We wanted to use that module but as our customer have many different
versions of wordpress it didn't fit for us.

Right now we cache every static file for a day and all posts for 10
minutes. To deal with the dynamic content (comments) we create a
cache_key that uses the wordpress comment author cookie, so users do
not feel the cache of the posts when submitting comments but it's just
a perception, in fact the 10 minutes it's still happening it's just
they do not see it.

Our current config for this it's not rocket science but if anyone want
it I would gladly share it.

Regarding drupal may I send you later an e-mail asking for a tip? I
want to cache a few hundred drupal sites with nginx and right now I'm
passing to apache all pages requests as I've not found yet a nice way
to deal with drupal creating a php session cookie for every user and
as comments do not go to a specific url neither create a unique
cookie, I can't detect them so easy as in wordpress.

By the way, does anyone have in hand a simple way to use proxy_cache
for all requests except POST ?

Have a nice day

Guzmán